Southeast Inka frontiers [electronic resource] : boundaries and interactions / Sonia Alconini
- Alconini Mujica, Sonia
- Gainesville : University Press of Florida, 
- Physical Description:
- xiv, 228 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Ancient imperial frontiers and the Inka -- Inka Andean imperialism: assessing the southeastern Inka frontier -- Ethnohistory: the southeastern Inka frontier and the Guaraní invasions -- Regional changes within the Inka frontier zone: the multiethnic Valley of Oroncota -- Excavations in the Oroncota Inka complex -- At the frontier edge: regional changes in Khosko Toro -- Excavations in the Cuzcotuyo Inka Fortress -- Conclusion: Dynamics of the southeastern Inka frontier.
- Alconini explores the interactions between the Inka and Amazonia, a large empire versus a less complex population. The book focuses on frontier archaeology and the socio-economic forces at play in the Inka empire's borders.
- 9780813062914 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 203-224) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30878512