Studies in the archaeology of the Iron Age in Israel and Jordan [electronic resource] / edited by Amihai Mazar ; with the assistance of Ginny Mathias
- Sheffield, England : Sheffield Academic Press, c2001.
- Physical Description:
- 337 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Mazar, Amihay, 1942-, Mathias, Ginny, and Institute of Jewish Studies (London, England)
- Journal for the study of the Old Testament. Supplement series ; 331
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- The monarchic period in the Judaean highland / Avi Ofer -- The heart of the monarchy / Adam Zertal -- Phoenicians in Western Galilee / Gunnar Lehmann -- Agricultural terraces and settlement expansion in the highlands of early Iron Age Palestine / Shimon Gibson -- The high places of biblical Dan / Avraham Biran -- The date of the temple at Arad / Ze'ev Herzog -- Between archaeology and theology / Raz Kletter -- Figurines, figures and contexts in Jerusalem and regions to the East in the seventh and sixth centuries BCE / Kay Prag -- Ištar as depicted on finds from Israel / Tallay Ornan -- A room with a view / Norma Franklin -- Jerusalem in the tenth and seventh centuries BCE / Margreet Steiner -- Beth Shean during Iron Age II / Amihai Mazar -- Busayra and Judah / Piotr Bienkowski and Leonie Sedman.
- Based on a colloquium initiated and organized by the Institute of Jewish Studies, University College, London, 16-17, April 1996--Pref.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 30878663