Issues in reproductive technology / edited by Helen Bequaert Holmes
- New York : New York University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 449 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Holmes, Helen B.
- Contraceptive choice : a multitude of meanings / Betsy Hartmann -- Norplant : conflicting views on its safety and acceptability / Anita Hardon -- Contraceptive vaccines : promises and problems / Angeline Faye Schrater -- Frontiers in nonhormonal male contraceptive research / Elaine A. Lissner -- Condom effectiveness and acceptability in the United States / Susan Rubinstein, Kathleen Ford, and Elizabeth O'Dair -- Cervical caps and the women's health movement : feminists as "advocate researchers" / Dana Gallagher., Perspectives on sexuality, contraception, and pregnancy among black teenaged women / Susan Shaw -- Abortion : new complexities / Mary Anne Warren -- Inducing a miscarriage : RU486 and prostaglandin for early abortion / Marge Berer -- Selective termination in pregnancy and women's reproductive autonomy / Christine Overall -- How parents of affected children view selective abortion / Dorothy C. Wertz -- To freeze or not to freeze : is that an option? / Helen Bequaert Holmes -- Preservation of human eggs and embryos through freezing / Mina Alikani., Policy considerations for cryopreservation in in vitro fertilization programs / Howard W. Jones, Jr. -- Ethical issues in the clinical application of embryo freezing / Andrea L. Bonnicksen -- Through a glass darkly : law, politics, and frozen human embryos / Thomas C. Shevory -- In vitro fertilization : the construction of infertility and of parenting / Elizabeth Bartholet -- Biology or society? : parenthood motivation in a sample of Canadian women seeking in vitro fertilization / Linda S. Williams., The fairy tale as model for women's experience of in vitro fertilization / Lene Koch -- Dutch women and in vitro fertilization : survey results and reaction to a medical emergency / Helen Bequaert Holmes and Tjeerd Tymstra -- Scrutinizing surrogacy / Hilde Lindemann Nelson -- Another look at contract pregnancy / Laura M. Purdy -- The matter of Baby M : surrogacy and the courts / Kelly Oliver -- Heritage, surrogacy, and the ethics of community : choice and avoidance in African and African-American parenting traditions / Ruth M. Lucier ... [et al.], and Slavery and contract motherhood : a "racialized" objection to the autonomy arguments / Sarah S. Boone -- Social control of surrogacy in Australia : a feminist perspective / Heather Dietrich -- Contract pregnancy : an annotated bibliography : Helen Bequaert Holmes.
- Originally published: New York : Garland Pub., 1992.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 3095212