Flying solo : a survival guide for the solo and small firm lawyer / editor, K. William Gibson ; contributing editors, Reid F. Trautz [and others].
- Chicago, Ill. : ABA Law Practice Management Section, 
- Copyright Date:
- 4th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 679 pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Gibson, K. William, 1949-, Trautz, Reid F., and American Bar Association. Section of Law Practice Management
- Are you cut out for solo practice? / K. William Gibson -- Life after the law firm : personal considerations in going solo / Diana M. Savit -- Sidebar : lessons from the rearview mirror / Edna R.S. Alvarez -- Creating a business plan / Gary A. Munneke and Carol A. Seelig -- Leaving a firm : guidelines for a smoother transition / Dennis Kennedy -- A checklist for stunt pilots / M. Joe Crosthwait, Jr. -- Why should you specialize? / Gary A. Munneke -- A solo can represent big business / Mark A. Robertson -- The solo estate planning practice / Daniel B. Evans -- The life of a family law lawyer / James A. Calloway -- Flying solo in employment law / Mindy G. Farber -- The solo personal injury lawyer / K. William Gibson -- Serving an aging population : elder law / Jay G. Foonberg -- Other niche practices to consider / William D. Henslee -- Can you afford to be a solo? : a financial overview / Carol A. Seelig -- The capital and capitalization of the solo law practice / James J. Orlow -- Bankers and lawyers : the odd couple, or how to get a loan / Edward Poll -- Insuring your investment and managing your risk / Reid F. Trautz -- The value of timekeeping : time is money / Theodore P. Orenstein -- Billing : by the hour or by the project / Paul McLaughlin -- Keeping your pockets full : the fine art of cash flow / Edward Poll -- Alternative billing methods / James A. Calloway and Mark A. Robertson -- The solo's guide to collecting fees / Linda J. Ravdin -- Leasing and subleasing office space / J.R. Phelps and RJon Robins -- The essentials of office sharing and executive suites / Nancy Byerly Jones -- Designing your law office / Jon S. Schultz and Suzette S. Schultz -- Setting up an efficient home office / Diane L. Drain -- Staff : selection, management, motivation, and delegation / Susan G. Manch and Marcia Pennington Shannon -- Ethical responsibilities of--and to--your staff / Lynda C. Shely -- The unavoidable details of employment staff / Gisela B. Bradley -- Creating practice management systems and procedures / Reid F. Trautz -- File retention and document management / Terri Olson -- How to assess your technology needs / David J. Bilinsky -- Beyond word processing : using the rest of your office suite / Daniel Pinnington -- Adobe Acrobat for e-filing and more / David L. Masters -- Hold the phone! / Barry L. Brickner -- Leveraging the net / Jerry Lawson -- E-mail management / Dennis Kennedy -- Computer security for solos / Dennis Kennedy -- Technology training options / Storm Evans -- When and how to use technology consultants / Natalie R. Thornwell -- No more books? : an electronic library for solos / Catherine Pennington Paunov -- A five-minute marketing training course / Jay G. Foonberg -- Successful marketing for the sole practitioner / Thomas E. Kane -- Rainmaking for women lawyers / Gilda R. Turitz -- Newsletters, brochures, and other marketing tools / David M. Freedman -- Yellow pages advertising / Kerry Randall -- Marketing legal services on the internet : positioning and branding on the web / Larry Bodine -- The ins and outs of blogs / Richard P. Klau -- Good ethics [equals] good business / William E. Hornsby, Jr. -- Being solo does not mean being lonely / Carolyn Elefant -- Dealing with stress / George W. Kaufman -- Lawyer assistance programs / Robert Blaine Holt -- Purchase or sale of a solo practice : the financial issues / Edward Poll -- Sidebar : glossary : selected terms of valuation / Edward Poll -- Purchase or sale of a solo practice : the ethical issues / Demetrios Dimitriou -- Expanding through merger and the sequel / Joel P. Bennett -- Solo practice and disability / Richard M. Howland -- When I die / Ross A. Sussman -- Checklist for starting a law practice / Linda Oligschlaeger.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3097975