Property rights and regulatory systems in fisheries / edited by David Symes
- Oxford ; Malden, MA : Fishing News Books, 1998.
Malden, MA : Blackwell Science
- Physical Description:
- x, 268 pages : illustrations, maps ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Symes, D. G. (David Gilyard)
- Property rights, regulatory measures and the strategic response of fishermen / David Symes -- Management, adaptation and large-scale environmental change / Lawrence C. Hamilton, Cynthia M. Duncan and Nicholas E. Flanders -- The manipulation of property rights : creating the conditions for sustainable developments in the European Union? / Kevin Crean -- The status of fisheries property rights in French law / Jean-Luc Prat -- Property rights and regulatory systems : the strategic response of Dutch fisherman / Wim Davidse -- Fishing as a collective enterprise : ITQs and the organisation of fishermen / Martijn van Vliet -- Legal but controversial : quota hopping, the CFP and the Treaty of Rome / Ellen Hoefnagel -- Individual quotas and discarding : do they always go hand in hand? / Vilhjálmur Wiium -- The exclusion of professional fishermen from Norwegian salmon fishing : the distribution effects of fisheries management / Oddmund Otterstad -- Political attributes of rights based management systems : the case of individual vessel quotas in the Norwegian coastal cod fishery / Petter Holm, Stein Arne Rånes and Bjørn Hersoug -- Inside/outside EEZs : the high seas, EEZs, and property regimes reconsidered / Jennifer L. Bailey -- Structural adjustments of the distant water fleet of European factory trawlers fishing for loligo squid in Falkland Islands waters / Sophie des Clers -- Fishing and the processes of national construction in North Africa / Juan Luis Suá́rez de Vivero and Mayca Frieyro de Lara -- The communitarisation of coastal resources or the common ownership of fish resources in Europe : the future for coastal fishing societies in 2002 / Serge Collet -- Property rights, regulating measures and strategic responses among the fishermen of Catalonia / Juan-Luis Alegret -- Traditional use rights in the small-scale fisheries and marine protected areas between Sardinia and Corsica / Gabriella Mondardini Morelli -- Fishing within limits : inshore fisheries management and the concept of local preference / David Symes and Jeremy Phillipson -- We have to keep the foreigners out of our bay : Top-down regulations and the strategic response of Irish fishermen / Nathalie A. Steins -- Zostera marina in dispute : management regimes in the Dutch eelgrass industry / Rob van Ginkel -- Participative planning and the modernisation of fisheries in Andalucía / José Luis Osuna Llaneza .. [et al.] -- Towards a property rights framework for the management of Europe's fisheries / David Symes.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3098931