Permeable border : the Great Lakes Basin as transnational region, 1650-1990 / John J. Bukowczyk [and others].
- Pittsburgh : University of Pittsburgh Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 298 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bukowczyk, John J., 1950-
- The production of history, the becoming of place / John J. Bukowczyk -- Trade, war, migration, and empire in the Great Lakes Basin, 1650-1815 / John J. Bukowczyk -- Migration, transportation, capital, and the state in the Great Lakes Basin, 1815-1890 / John J. Bukowczyk -- Leaving the "land of the second chance" : migration from Ontario to the Great Lakes states in the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries / Nora Faires -- Structuring the permeable border : channeling and regulating cross-border traffic in labor, capital, and goods / David R. Smith -- Migration, borderlands, and national identity : directions for research / Randy William Widdis -- Region, border, and nation / John J. Bukowczyk -- Primary sources in migration studies / Randy William Widdis.
- Great Lakes Region (North America)—History—Congresses
- Great Lakes Watershed (North America)—History—Congresses
- Northern boundary of the United States—History—Congresses
- Canada—Emigration and immigration—History—Congresses
- Great Lakes Region (North America)—Emigration and immigration—History—Congresses
- Canada—Boundaries—United States—Congresses
- United States—Boundaries—Canada—Congresses
- Great Lakes Region (North America)—Economic conditions—Congresses
- Northern boundary of the United States—Economic conditions—Congresses
- Other Subject(s):
- 0822942615 (acid-free paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 237-282) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3100297