Contested governance in Japan : sites and issues / edited by Glenn D. Hook
- London ; New York : RoutledgeCurzon, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 263 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Hook, Glenn D.
- Sheffield Centre for Japanese Studies/RoutledgeCurzon series
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Chapter Introduction / GLENN D. HOOK -- part PART I Sites of governance -- chapter 1 Global governance, the G7/8 summit and Japan / HUGO DOBSON -- chapter 2 Japan's role in emerging East Asian governance: regional and national implications / GLENN D. HOOK -- chapter 3 Governance, democracy and the political economy of the Japanese state / J . A. A. STOCKWIN -- chapter 4 Local governance: the role of referenda and the rise of independent governors / LAM PENG ER -- chapter 5 Governance, globalization and the Japanese ﬁnancial system: resistance or restructuring? / PHILIP G. CERNY -- chapter 6 Koizumi's 'robust policy': governance, the Japanese welfare employment regime and comparative gender studies / OSAWA MARI -- part Part II Issues of governance -- chapter 7 Japan and global environmental governance / MIRANDA A. SCHREURS -- chapter 8 Governance, Asian migrants and the role of civil society / HATSUSE RYUH̄EI -- chapter 9 Corruption and governance in Japan / J . BABB -- chapter 10 Whose problem? Japan's homeless people as an issue of local and central governance / TOM GILL -- chapter 11 The political economy of Japanese 'corporate governance': a metaphor for capitalist rationalization / HASEGAWA HARUKIYO -- chapter 12 Governance through the family: the political function of the domestic in Japan / TAKEDA HIROKO.
- 020301538X (electronic bk.)
9780203015384 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31176383