State of the young child in India / Mobile Creches
- Abingdon, Oxon ; New York, NY : Routledge, 2020.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxxi, 300 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Mobile Creches (Organization : Mumbai, India)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- 1. The Young Child in India -- 2. Advancing Physical Well-Being -- 3. Promoting Early Childhood Learning -- 4. Prioritising the Disadvantaged Child -- 5. Childcare and Childcare Worker -- 6. Fiscal Allocations and Expenditure for Child Development -- 7. The Way Forward -- Annexures -- Glossary of Terms -- Bibliography -- List of contributors -- List of core team members.
- "This Report is one of the first comprehensive studies on young children in India. It focuses on children under 6 years of age and presents key aspects of their wellbeing and development. With the highest number of neonatal, infant and under-5 deaths in the world, there is an urgent need to address issues that continue to affect the young child in India. This volume: Introduces two young child indices aggregating selected indicators to separately track child outcomes and child circumstances. Provides an account of the current situation of the young child in terms of physical and cognitive development, access to care, disadvantaged children, and major issues that have led to the continued neglect of this age group. Explores the policy and legal framework, fiscal space, and the role and obligations of key stakeholders, including the state, private sector, civil society, media, and the family. Highlights key recommendations and action points that can help to improve the ecosystem for early childhood care and development. Drawing on specially commissioned technical background papers, supplemented by extensive field experience of Mobile Creches in childcare, this Report will be of interest to practitioners, policy makers and influencers, think tanks and researchers of public policy, development studies, human rights, sociology and social anthropology, as well as general readers"--
- 9781003026488 electronic book, 1003026486 electronic book, 9781000054934 electronic book, 1000054934 electronic book, 9781000054910 electronic book, 1000054918 electronic book, 9781000054927 electronic book, 1000054926 electronic book, 9780367460181 hardcover, and 0367460181 hardcover
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31176649