Unhealthy housing : research, remedies, and reform / edited by Roger Burridge and David Ormandy
- London ; New York : E. & F.N. Spon, 1993.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxxv, 443 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Burridge, Roger and Ormandy, David
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- Understanding the problems of health and housing research / David Mant -- Using published data to assess health risks / Colin Thunhurst -- Housing and the health of the community / David Byrne and Jane Keithley -- Damp and mouldy housing : a holistic approach / Sonja Hunt -- Dampness, mould growth and respiratory disease in children / Peter Strachan -- Cold- and heat-related illnesses in the indoor environment / K.J. Collins -- Cold, condensation and housing poverty / Thomas A. Markus -- Mental health and high-rise housing / Hugh Freeman -- Women, crowding and mental health / Jonathan Gabe and Paul Williams -- Crowding and mortality in London boroughs / John M. Kellett -- Accidents at home : the modern epidemic / Ray Ransom -- The effects on human health of pest infestation in houses / Michael Howard. and Ill-health and homelessness : the effects of living in bed-and-breakfast accommodation / Jean Conway -- Prospects for affordable warmth / Brenda Boardman -- The legal environment of housing conditions / Roger Burridge and David Ormandy -- Cities 2000 projects : goldfish bowl / Geoff Green.
- Unhealthy Housing presents an analysis of the research into the health implications of housing and the significance for legal regulation of housing conditions. Key experts present short papers, together with an overview to give an evaluation of the.
- 0203974255 (electronic bk.), 9780203974254 (electronic bk.), 9780419154105, 0419154108, and 0419154108 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31176742