Great lesson ideas. Primary music. Create a rondo / [produced by] Brook Lapping
- Additional Titles:
- Create a rondo
- [London, England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (7 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Brook Lapping Productions
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Teacher Jenny Griffin asks her Year 5 class to brainstorm cross curricular words linked with the their topic of plants. Once they come up with their phrases the children are split into groups, putting the most able children in the steady beat group. Jenny explains to the pupils that a rondo is a bit like a musical sandwich. It has layers of bread surrounded by different fillings. The whole class play the 'bread' bit together and then individual groups play the fillings within the structure. The pupils have to work out a beat for their chosen words and then practice performing using percussion instruments. Finally, one of the pupils uses a lap top and a microphone to digitally record the whole class playing the rondo from beginning to end.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 24, 2020).
View MARC record | catkey: 31181202