Literacy. Early years foundation stage. 3, Support staff / producer/director, Yvonne Davies ; Television Junction
- Additional Titles:
- Literacy : the whole story, Early years foundation stage : support staff, and Support staff
- [London, England] : Teachers TV/UK Department of Education, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Davies, Yvonne (Producer) and Television Junction
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Erdington Hall Primary School faces the challenges of economic deprivation and a culturally diverse, highly mobile community. So when young children start off in Nursery and Reception, planning for literacy is a priority heavily dependent on their support staff's skills and commitment. In the programme we highlight moments in the teaching assistants' routine that show the breadth of the work they undertake e.g. making observations; play-based learning; EAL and special needs support; group & whole class work; team planning. All the TAs complete NVQ training which has helped professionalise their role. They lead phonics-based activities, organise the outdoor as well as the indoor classroom and accompany the YR on a zoo trip. The way the FS team deliver the literacy curriculum allows for child-initiated activities, often very demanding of the staff. As the FS co-ordinator explains, "We just couldn't do it without our support staff." This programme shows just how they succeed.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- "The whole story". and Title from resource description page (viewed March 24, 2020).
View MARC record | catkey: 31181396