Introduction to 3D design with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator : creating 3D effects for print and web design projects / Jennifer Harder ; [produced by] Apress
- New York, NY : Apress, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (161 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Harder, Jennifer and Apress (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In English.
- In this comprehensive video, you will learn how to create, design, and edit 3D shapes with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. Even with extensive beginner Photoshop information, the topic of 3D is often overlooked. With the growing trend of needing 3D designs, this bit of knowledge can help you start using basic 3D features in your artwork, and digital or print portfolios. This video begins by focusing on the basics of working with 3D layers and shapes in Photoshop including how to set up your workspace and how to create a basic 3D shape or mesh. Then you'll dive into working with faux 3D filters in Photoshop before concluding with how to create basic 3D shapes in Illustrator and importing them back into Photoshop as a smart object. Finally, this video will also cover where to go from here in your learning such as 3D printing, video, or creating more advanced 3D scenes using a product such as Adobe Dimension or Adobe Fuse for Characters. Through this video, you'll be able to enhance your artwork or print designs to include 3D features. What You Will Learn: Use the various Photoshop panels to create basic 3D shapes such as the sphere, cone, pyramid, or cube; Add materials and textures to a primitive shape and decide whether to make it a smart object, and render or rasterize the shape when you add it to the main PSD document; Make minor edits to shading and lighting and rotate the object on the layer to a better position in 3D mode; Add some 3D extrusion text with layer effects; Create complex shapes and apply filters to enhance the graphic; Draw basic 3D shapes in Illustrator and import them into Photoshop as a smart object. Who This Video is For: Students, graphic designers, and corporate administrators with some basic experience with Photoshop and Illustrator looking to get started with 3D design.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed March 09, 2020).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Jennifer Harder, presenter.
View MARC record | catkey: 31182077