Palante, siempre palante! : the Young Lords / producer, director & writer, Iris Morales ; interviews directed by Pablo Figueroa, Iris Morales ; Latino Education Network Service
- Language Note:
- In English.
- In the midst of the African American civil rights struggle, protests to end the Vietnam War, and the women's movement for equality, Puerto Rican and Latino communities fought for economic and social justice. From Chicago streets to the barrios of New York City and other urban centers, the Young Lords emerged to demand decent living conditions and raised a militant voice for the empowerment of the Puerto Rican people in the United States. Palante, Siempre Palante documents the history with on-camera interviews, archival footage, photographs and music. The documentary surveys Puerto Rican history, the Young Lords' activities and philosophy, the torturous end of the organization and its inspiring legacy.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed May 08, 2020).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Editor, Faith Jones ; music, Carlos Valdez.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Presenters, Iris Morales, Denise Oliver, Minerva Solla, Juan Gonzalez, Felipe Luciano ... [et al.] ; presenter/historian, Dr. Ana Celia Zentella ; narrator, Patria Rodriguez.
View MARC record | catkey: 31182634