Nietzsche's ethics / Thomas Stern, University College London
- Stern, Tom, 1984-
- Cambridge, United Kingdom ; New York, NY, USA : Cambridge University Press, 2020.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 68 pages ; 23 cm.
- Cambridge elements : elements in ethics
- "This Element explains Nietzsche's ethics in his late works, from 1886 onwards. The first three sections explain the basics of his ethical theory - its context and presuppositions, its scope and its central tension. The next three sections explore Nietzsche's goals in writing a history of Christian morality (On the Genealogy of Morality), the content of that history, and whether he achieves his goals. The last two sections take a broader look, respectively, at Nietzsche's wider philosophy in light of his ethics and at the prospects for a Nietzschean ethics after Nietzsche."--
- 1108713327 paperback and 9781108713320 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -68).
View MARC record | catkey: 31185411