Return to Bamako
- [San Francisco, California, USA] : Kanopy Streaming, 2018.
First Run Features, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (streaming video file) (53 min.) : flv file, sound
- Additional Creators:
- First-Run Features (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In French, Bambara.
- Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb ... Daesh ... Boko Haram. So many extremist movements, of which Africa has become a breeding ground, have declared war against Western values and people.. Beyond the misunderstandings that often paralyze us, we have to ask ourselves the real question: how did we get here? Filmed in Mali, RETURN TO BAMAKO is a deep dive into the land of Islam, seeking to understand the causes and challenges of the threat posed by the rise of radical Islamism to all societies.. The Islamist wave did not come about accidentally, but instead is the result of recent history, of which Westerners are the actors, because in the vast majority of cases, it is the failure of a political and economic system, copied or imposed by the West, along with unbridled globalization, which opens a gaping hole and allows the rise of extremism.
- Other Subject(s):
- Title from title frames.
In Process Record.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Seydou Nour Tal, Issa N'Diaye, Youssouf Djire, Seydou Badian Kouyate.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Originally produced by First Run Features in 2017.
- Endowment Note:
- Scott H. and Sarah W. Steinhauer Textbook and Educational Resources Endowment
Philip M. and Susan C. Gresh Textbook and Educational Resources Endowment
View MARC record | catkey: 31185469