Learning context effects Study abroad, formal instruction and international immersion classrooms
- Pérez Vidal, Carmen
- Berlin Language Science Press 2018
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Ament, Jennifer, López-Serrano, Sonia, Pérez Vidal, Carmen, and Thomas-Wilhelm, Dakota J.
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- This book deals with the effects of three different learning contexts mainly on adult, but also on adolescent, learners' language acquisition. The three contexts brought together in the monograph include i) a conventional instructed second language acquisition (ISLA) environment, in which learners receive formal instruction in English as a Foreign Language (EFL); ii) a Study Abroad (SA) context, which learners experience during mobility programmes, when the target language is no longer a foreign but a second language learnt in a naturalistic context; iii) the immersion classroom, also known as an integrated content and language (ICL) setting, in which learners are taught content subjects through the medium of the target language-more often than not English, used as the Lingua Franca (ELF).
- Other Subject(s):
- OAPEN Library.
- Funding Information:
- Knowledge Unlatched
- Creative Commons https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode
View MARC record | catkey: 31185822