Goethe's Social Philosophy: As Revealed in "Campagne in Frankreich" and "Belagerung von Mainz"
- Steer, Alfred G. Jr.
- Chapel Hill University of North Carolina Press 1955
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (196 p.)
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- In this study originally published in 1955, Steer explores the importance of Goethe's family concept in two autobiographical works, "Campagne in Frankreich" and "Belagerung von Mainz". Through a close textual analysis, Steer argues that at the center of both pieces is Goethe's conception of the family as "Urform" of society.
- Funding Information:
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
National Endowment for the Humanities
- Creative Commons
View MARC record | catkey: 31187009