Class, Culture and Space The Construction and Shaping of Communal Space in South Thailand
- Horstmann, Alexander
- Bielefeld transcript Verlag 2002
- Physical Description:
- 1 electronic resource (204 p.)
- library.oapen.org , Open Access: OAPEN Library: description of the publication
- library.oapen.org , Open Access: OAPEN Library, download the publication
- Language Note:
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access Unrestricted online access
- In the present social and cultural transformation of South Thailand's cultural politics, ideologies involving the family, gender and home provide the cultural codes in social dramas of the state, the media and social and religious movements. This study looks at micropolitics and the nesting of the political action of everyday life in larger, ultimately global structures of power. Exploring the making of class, culture and space, the production and consumption of culture is understood as work which involves the constant negotiation of boundaries.
- Other Subject(s):
- OAPEN Library.
- Creative Commons http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/
View MARC record | catkey: 31188653