Augusta National Golf Club [electronic resource] : membership for women or staying the course? / Ray B. Swart, Ashish K. Singh, Andrew Nelson, James S. O'Rourke
- Swart, Ray B.
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Singh, Ashish K., Nelson, Andrew, and O'Rourke, James S., 1946-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Professional golfs most prestigious venue and most storied tournament come under fire as the National Council of Womens Organizations attacks Augusta National Golf Club for its exclusionary membership practices. The Club, which annually sponsors The Masters Golf Tournament, has no women members and balks at the idea of being told who it must include as members. A very public tussle ensues, involving the CBS Television Network, the Professional Golfers Associations, several prestigious sponsors, and the business organizations of the clubs members. Both sides resolve to stand their ground.
- 9781526406484 (ebook)
- Originally published: Swart, R. B., Singh, A. K., Nelson, A., & ORourke, J. S. (2003). Augusta National Golf Club: Membership for women or staying the course? 03-02. Notre Dame, IN: The Eugene D. Fanning Center for Business Communication, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame.
View MARC record | catkey: 31195711