Closing the gulf [electronic resource] : preparing US executives for assignments in Mexico / Yaw A. Debrah & Christopher J. Rees
- Debrah, Yaw A., 1956-
- [London] : SAGE, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Rees, Christopher (Christopher J.)
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- An expert in the training and development of executive staff in preparation for assignments in Spanish-speaking countries in South America, Charles Ramoz-Ramirez had left a secure position as a human resources executive within a multinational corporation to establish his own consultancy. The need for pre-departure training programs for employees was underlined when Ramoz-Ramirez's former employer contacted him, concerned about the general failure of their expatriate workforce to adjust to life in Mexico. An independent analysis had revealed that only 25 of 40 employees sent to Mexico had received any pre-departure training, and also identified the challenges they faced. Ramoz-Ramirez's consultancy was commissioned to design and facilitate a 10-day-long pre-departure program for 30 engineers and project managers taking up medium term (six months to one year).
- 9781473938281 (ebook)
- Originally Published in: Harzing, A. W., & Pinnington, A. (2011). The Development of Global Leaders and Expatriates. In International human resource management (3rd ed., pp. 403-406). London: SAGE Publications Ltd. Print. ISBN: 9781847872937.
View MARC record | catkey: 31196030