Colorado's marijuana tourism market [electronic resource] : where will the industry go from here? / Soo K. Kang
- Kang, Soo K.
- London : SAGE Publications: SAGE Business Cases Originals, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- SAGE Knowledge. Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This case examines how the marijuana tourism industry has been legalized and developed in the last three years in Colorado. As the frontrunner in the industry, Colorado's budding marijuana industry recorded total sales of $1.6 billion in 2016, contributing nearly $200 million to the state coffer. Considering that there is little empirical research on the marijuana industry and marijuana tourism, this study will shed light on a burgeoning area touted as a 'green rush' by drawing upon secondary sources such as newspapers, trade magazines, online publications, interviews with industry professionals, and personal observation. Into the fourth year of legalization, the marijuana tourism market in Colorado is expected to encounter unprecedented political, legal, and operational challenges to keep its market share and remain at the top of the competition.
- 9781526436153 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31196050