Dell Inc. [electronic resource] : taking the company private (B) / Edward Hjerpe, Joseph Yang, Vincent Veschi, James S. O'Rourke
- Hjerpe, Edward A.
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Yang, Joseph, Veschi, Vincent, and O'Rourke, James S., 1946-
- SAGE Knowledge. Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- In February of 2013, Michael Dell of Dell Inc. and Silver Lake Partners, a private equity firm, announced a merger agreement to buy back shares of Dell Inc. stock and take the company private. Years of decline in the PC market and a falling stock price were believed to be the reason why the two parties wanted to take Dell Inc. off the market. Corporate Raider Carl Icahn got wind of the private negotiations, and issued a letter to the Dell Inc. board criticizing the deal and proposing a better offer. Dell Inc. is faced with issuing a response to Icahn and shareholders about the best options for Dell moving forward.
- 9781526403148 (ebook)
- Originally published in Hjerpe, E., Yang, J., Veschi, V., & ORourke, J. S. (2014). Dell Inc.: Taking the company private (B). 14-06 (B). Notre Dame, IN: The Eugene D. Fanning Center for Business Communication, Mendoza College of Business, University of Notre Dame.
View MARC record | catkey: 31196173