Groupthink in the sweat lodge [electronic resource] / Craig E. Johnson
- Johnson, Craig E. (Craig Edward), 1952-
- [London] : SAGE, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- SAGE knowledge. Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- In 2009, spiritual seekers paid to attend a five-day Spiritual Warrior Retreat near Sedona, Arizona, led by self-help expert and New Age guru James Arthur Ray. During the final activity of the retreat, in an overcrowded, overheated sweat lodge, three participants died and a further 20 required urgent medical attention. This case study investigates the role that 'groupthink' could have had in this tragic outcome, and asks readers to consider the ethical implications therein.
- 9781506325750 (ebook)
- Originally Published in: Johnson, C. E. (2011). Groupthink in the Sweat Lodge. In Organizational ethics: A practical approach (2nd ed., pp. 232-233). Los Angeles: SAGE Publications, Inc. ISBN: 9781412987967.
View MARC record | catkey: 31196560