Peregrine Financial Group [electronic resource] : misappropriating customer funds / Chijioke Oji, Amanda Bowen & Viola Makin
- Oji, Chijioke
- [London] : SAGE, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Bowen, Amanda and Makin, Viola, 1952-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- In early July 2012, the United States Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) filed a federal lawsuit against Peregrine Financial Group Inc. (PFG), a futures trading firm, and its founder Russell Wasendorf. The CFTC accused PFG and Wasendorf of fraud, violating customer funds amounting to US$215 million and submitting false financial reports to the National Futures Association (NFA), which operated under the CFTC's supervision. PFG faced liquidation and Wasendorf, if found guilty, faced a fine or a jail sentence.
- 9781473964891 (ebook)
- Originally Published in: Oji, C., Bowen, A., & Makin, V. (2013). Peregrine Financial Group: Misappropriating Customer Funds. WBS-2013-13. Johannesburg: The Case Centre, Wits Business School.
View MARC record | catkey: 31196817