Phodiclinics' acquisition of New Protector [electronic resource] : increasing concentration? / Eulalie Metton & John Luiz
- Metton, Eulalie
- [London] : SAGE, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Luiz, John
- Competition Commission case series and SAGE knowledge. Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- In October 2006, executives at the Council for Medical Schemes (CMS) and private hospital group Netcare were eager to hear the Competition Tribunal's decision regarding the acquisition of the New Protector Group hospitals by Phodiclinics. In March 2006, the Competition Commission had recommended to the Tribunal that the transaction be approved without conditions. However, the CMS was concerned that, if the acquisition went ahead, it would increase concentration in the private hospital market and thereby fuel already-unacceptable price increases. This text examines the process and the issues at stake.
- 9781473964082 (ebook)
- Originally Published in: Metton, E. & Luiz, J. (2010). Competition Commission Case Series - Phodiclinics' Acquisition of New Protector: Increasing Concentration? WBS-2010-14b. Johannesburg, South Africa: The Case Centre, Wits Business School.
View MARC record | catkey: 31196836