Imaging Techniques in Dental Radiology [electronic resource] : Acquisition, Anatomic Analysis and Interpretation of Radiographic Images / by Ingrid Rozylo-Kalinowska
- Rozylo-Kalinowska, Ingrid
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XIX, 188 pages 194 illustrations, 158 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction to Dental Radiography -- Materials and Preparation for Dental X-rays -- Intraoral Radiography in Dentistry -- Panoramic Radiography in Dentistry -- Cephalometric Radiograph in Dentistry -- Dental Cone-Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT) -- Technical Errors and Artefacts in Dental Radiography -- Normal Anatomical Landmarks in Dental X-rays and CBCT Studies -- Analysis of Dental Radiographs and CBCT Studies -- Legal Provisions for Ionizing Radiation in Dentistry -- Safety Precautions for Dental Patient and Dental Staff Using X-ray.
- This book is an up-to-date guide to the performance and interpretation of imaging studies in dental radiology. After opening discussion of the choice of X-ray equipment and materials, intraoral radiography, panoramic radiography, cephalometric radiology, and cone-beam computed tomography are discussed in turn. With the aid of many illustrated examples, patient preparation and positioning are thoroughly described for each modality. Common technical errors and artifacts are identified and the means of avoiding them, explained. The aim is to equip the reader with all the information required in order to perform imaging effectively and safely. The normal radiographic anatomy and landmarks are then discussed, prior to thorough coverage of frequent dentomaxillofacial lesions. Accompanying images display the characteristic features of each lesion. Further topics to be addressed are safety precautions for patients and staff. The book will be an ideal aid for all dental practitioners and will also be of value for dental students.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 31197602