Non Invasive Brain Stimulation in Psychiatry and Clinical Neurosciences [electronic resource] / edited by Bernardo Dell'Osso, Giorgio Di Lorenzo
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 370 pages 21 illustrations, 18 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Dell'Osso, Bernardo, Di Lorenzo, Giorgio, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Foreword. Preface -- SECTION 1: Introducing NIBS: from research to clinical practice: Neurophysiological bases and mechanisms of action of Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation. Neurophysiological bases and mechanisms of action of Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation. Safety and guidelines recommendations of NIBS interventions. The role of transcranial brain stimulation in integrative neuroscience. NIBS as a research tool in clinical and translational neuroscience -- SECTION 2: TMS and its applications in neuropsychiatry and clinical neuroscience: Depressive Disorders. TMS in Psychotic Disorders. TMS in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. TMS in ADHD and Impulse Control Disorders. Use of TMS in neurodevelopmental and motor disorders. Use of TMS in addiction. Use of TMS in Dementia. TMS applications in patients with Anxiety Disorders. Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation for cognitive neuroscience. Applications and open questions. TMS combined with EEG to study psychiatric and neurological disorders -- SECTION 3: tDCS and its applications in neuropsychiatry and clinical neuroscience: tDCS in Depressive Disorders. tDCS in Psychotic Disorders. tDCS in Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. tDCS in addiction. The use of tDCS in neurodevelopmental and motor disorders. tDCS in Anxiety Disorders. The use of tES in dementia: from pathophysiology to treatment. Neuropsychological, emotional and cognitive investigations with tDCS. Research perspectives of tES in clinical neurosciences. Conclusions. .
- This book presents the state of the art regarding the use of non-invasive brain stimulation (TMS and tDCS) in the research and treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders. The contributions, all of which were prepared by internationally recognized experts in the field, are divided into two main sections (for TMS and tDCS, respectively) across diagnoses, following an introductory section on the mechanisms of action and neurophysiological background. Neuropsychological perspectives and approaches are provided as well. The book is ultimately intended to offer a unique, integrated approach to the use of non-invasive brain stimulation across the clinical neurosciences, providing a comprehensive and updated perspective that will benefit psychiatrists, neurologists, clinical psychologists and neurophysiologists alike.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 31197603