The Disruptive Fourth Industrial Revolution [electronic resource] : Technology, Society and Beyond / edited by Wesley Doorsamy, Babu Sena Paul, Tshilidzi Marwala
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- XIV, 285 pages 47 illustrations, 27 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Doorsamy, Wesley
Paul, Babu Sena
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 1876-1100 ; 674
- Robotic Process Automation as a Precursor to e-Government in the Fourth Industrial Revolution -- The Disruptive Force of Smart Contracts -- Technologizing Infrastructure for Peace: A Study of 'Disruptive' and 'Constructive' Agents -- State Cybersecurity Governance in the Fourth Industrial Revolution: An international law perspective -- Does the Global South Need to Decolonize the Fourth Industrial Revolution? -- Decentralizing Emerging Markets to Prepare for Industry 4.0: Modernizing Policies and the Role of Higher Education -- Sell-Bot: An Intelligent Tool for Advertisement Synthesis on Social Media -- Advancements and Role of Emotion Recognition in the 4th Industrial Revolution -- Noisy Intermediate Scale Quantum Computing and Industrial Revolution 4.0 -- The disruptive 4IR in the life sciences: Metabolomics -- Virtual and Augmented Reality in Surgery.
- The book explores technological advances in the fourth industrial revolution (4IR), which is based on a variety of technologies such as artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, machine learning, big data, additive printing, cloud computing, and virtual and augmented reality. Critically analyzing the impacts and effects of these disruptive technologies on various areas, including economics, society, business, government, labor, law, and environment, the book also provides a broad overview of 4IR, with a focus on technologies, to allow readers to gain a deeper understanding of the recent advances and future trajectories. It is intended for researchers, practitioners, policy-makers and industry leaders.
- Digital File Characteristics:
View MARC record | catkey: 31197635