Sustainable Supply Chains: Strategies, Issues, and Models [electronic resource] / edited by Usha Ramanathan, Ramakrishnan Ramanathan
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2020.
- 1st ed. 2020.
- Physical Description:
- X, 311 pages 50 illustrations, 25 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Ramanathan, Usha, Ramanathan, Ramakrishnan, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Management of Sustainable Supply Chain and Industry 4.0: a literature review -- A framework for the application of Industry 4.0 in logistics and supply chains -- Mathematical Models for Sustainable Inventory and Production Plans for Component Remanufacturing Problems of OEM with Break-Even Period Determination -- Greening the supply chain through CSR: A model for assessing sustainability using fuzzy based PPP approach -- Six Sigma Marketing: An Innovative Approach to Achieve Strategic Goals of sustainable supply chains -- Evaluating long term sustainability of supply chains using an evolutionary game theory framework -- Applications of Green Supply Chain Management in the U.K. Restaurant Industry -- Factors Motivating Indian manufacturing SME employers to adopt GSCM practices -- The Influence of Ethical Practice on Sustainable Supplier Selection in Furniture Industry -- Reducing edible food waste in the UK food manufacturing supply chain through collaboration.
- This book discusses supply chain issues and models with examples from actual case studies. Recent advances in sustainability, supply chains and technologies have brought promising potential for the management of sustainable global and local supply chains. While most of the current literature seem to consider developments in the field of sustainable supply chains and in the field of Industry 4.0 as two distinct entities, this book attempts to explore the synergy in bringing these two distinct fields together. The book features chapters on management of sustainability and industry 4.0 on supply chains as a whole, with several case studies on issues related to the application of sustainable supply chains in specific application sectors. They employ mathematical modeling and statistical analyses, as well as descriptive qualitative studies. They cover a range of application areas including multiple sectors (restaurant, manufacturing, logistics, furniture, food and insurance), domains (supply chains, logistics, marketing, and reverse logistics) and multiple country contexts (UK and India). The potential links between sustainability and the recent technological innovations from Industry 4.0 have been explored in detail. The book offers a valuable tool for managerial decision-making on the current practice and future potential on the use of Industry 4.0 tools for sustainable supply chains to facilitate competitive advantage with case studies in various industry sectors. In addition, some intriguing mathematical models will appeal to students and researchers interested in modeling the logistics process and the application of evolutionary game theory for integrating the social and economic aspects of sustainable supply chains. Some of these supply chain issues have been addressed in a previous book by the Editors. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- PDF and text file
View MARC record | catkey: 31198103