- Manage your schedule more effectively using Calendar and Reminders! Version 3.0, updated January 26, 2021 Learn how to unlock the full potential of Apple's Calendar and Reminders! In Take Control of Calendar and Reminders, Mac expert Scholle McFarland helps you get the most out of these apps, showing you how to customize them, sync data across devices, and share meeting invitations and reminder lists. You'll also learn how to use Siri as a shortcut, and how to fix common problems. In the days before personal computers and mobile devices, we had to rely on paper calendars and to-do lists to help us organize our time and activities. Now, we have powerful tools, like Apple's Calendar and Reminders, that are much more responsive to our needs. Put an event on your schedule, invite others to join, or set yourself an alarm (or more than one). Or, keep a list of to-do items, add to it and view it on all your Apple devices, and share your list with family or friends. In this book, veteran Mac journalist and editor Scholle McFarland will guide you through getting to know these incredibly helpful apps, including lesser-known (but handy) features. For example, did you know that in Calendar you can set an alert for when you need to leave for an event, based on the travel time calculated using the location you entered for the event? Or that Reminders can prompt you to do something not only at a certain time, but also once you've reached a specific destination, like the grocery store? If you've never taken the opportunity to explore Calendar and Reminders, this book will show you how to make them an important part of your daily routine. If you've already been using Calendar and Reminders, you'll learn how to use them more effectively, troubleshoot common problems, and delve deeper into their capabilities. This fully revised third edition is now fully up to date with Big Sur and iOS 14/iPadOS 14, and it has been expanded with new topics and additional tips. Let Scholle walk you through how to get the best out of Calendar and Reminders, including how to: Customize Calendar to your liking, from setting time zones, to color coding specific calendars Create events, making them repeat at regular intervals or on certain dates Set up notifications and alerts, so you never miss an event Invite people to events, or share your calendar with them Create, manage, and share lists in Reminders Set alarms in Reminders at a certain time or a certain place Use Siri to save ti...
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2021.
Electronic reproduction. Boston, MA : Safari, Available via World Wide Web. 2019.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Copyright Note:
- Copyright © 2021, Sawyer McFarland Editing 2021
- Issuing Body:
- Made available through: Safari, an O'Reilly Media Company.
View MARC record | catkey: 31202259