When I grow too old to dream [sound recording] / Sigmund Romberg
- The new moon (17:34). Introduction ; Stout-hearted men ; Lover, come back to me ; The girl on the prow ; Wanting you ; Try her out at dances ; Softly, as in a morning sunrise ; Marianne ; One kiss ; Finale (Stout-hearted men) -- Maytime (9:38). Introduction (Sweetheart) ; Selling gowns ; It's a windy day on the battery ; Jump, Jim Crow ; Gypsy song ; In our little home, sweet home ; The road to paradise ; Will you remember me? ; Finale (Sweetheart) -- Doing our bit (2:56). Sally ; Fine feathers -- Desert song (9:11). Introduction ; One alone ; The desert song ; The riff song ; Let's have a love affair ; Romance ; It ; One alone -- When I grow too old to dream (from 1935 film The night is young) (3:38) -- Her soldier boy (10:03). Introduction ; Waltz ; I's be happy anywhere with you ; He's coming home ; Mother ; Slavery ; Home again ; Kiss waltz ; Finale.
- Excerpts from musicals and motion pictures.
Program notes and biographical notes on the performers inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Teresa Ringholz, soprano ; Eastman-Dryden Orchestra ; Donald Hunsberger, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded in the Eastman Theatre of the Eastman School of Music, University of Rochester, May 13, 1985.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Arts & Humanities copy: Gift of Aaron Rottner-Schumacher; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 3121166