Geological framework of the Levant / edited by Valery A. Krasheninnikov [and others].
- Jerusalem : Historical Productions-Hall, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations (some color), color maps ; 29 cm + 10 maps in portfolio
- Additional Creators:
- Krasheninnikov, Valeriĭ Arkadʹevich, Hall, John Kendrick, 1940-, Universiṭat Ben-Guryon ba-Negev. Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences, and Universiṭat Tel-Aviv. Department of Geophysics and Planetary Sciences
- v. 1. Cyprus and Syria -- v. 2. The Levantine basin and Israel -- v. 3. Plates. and v. 1. Cyprus and Syria. pt. 1. South-western Cyprus. The Troodos ophiolite complex (structural para-autochthon) / S.A. Silantyev ... [et al.] The lava complex / M.V. Portnyagin. The dyke complex / M.V. Portnyagin. The plutonic complex / S.A. Silantyev. Metamorphism of the Troodos ophiolite complex / S.A. Silantyev. Brief review of the associated mineralization of the Troodos ophiolite complex / S.A. Silantyev. Geodynamic regime of formation of the Troodos ophiolites / M.V. Portnyagin and S.A. Silantyev. The sedimentary cover of the Troodos massif / N.Yu. Bragin ... [et al.] Igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rocks of the Mamonia complex (structural allochthon) / S.A. Silantyev ... [et al.] Sedimentary rocks of the Mamonia complex / N. Yu. Bragin, K.A. Krylov and L.G. Bragina. Volcanic rocks of the Mamonia complex / M.V. Portnyagin. Ultramafic rocks of the Mamonia complex / B.A. Bazylev. Gabbroids of the Mamonia complex / S.A. Silantyev. Amphibolites and metasediments from tectonic blocks within the serpentinite melange / S.A. Silantyev. Stratigraphy and lithology of the neoautochthon / V.A. Krasheninnikov and K.G. Kaleda. Chaotic rock complexes in south-western and central Cyprus / K.A. Krylov, K.G. Kaleda and N. Yu. Bragin. The tectonic structure and evolution of south-western Cyprus / K.A. Krylov, S.A. Silantyev and V.A. Krasheninnikov -- pt. 2. Syria. Stratigraphy and lithology of the sedimentary cover / V.A. Krasheninnikov. Paleozoic / V.A. Krasheninnikov. Triassic / V.A. Krasheninnikov. Jurassic / V.A. Krasheninnikov. Cretaceous / V.A. Krasheninnikov. Paleogene / V.A. Krasheninnikov. Neogene / V.A. Krasheninnikov. Quaternary / V.A. Krasheninnikov. Volcanism / A.V. Razvalyaev, V.G. Kazmin and A.B. Galaktionov. Tectonics / V.G. Kazmin. v. 2. The Levantine Basin and Israel. pt. 3. The Levantine Basin. Reflection seismic processing and images of the eastern Mediterranean from Cruise 5 of the R/V "Akademik Nikolay Strakhov" / D. Klaeschen ... [et al.] Seismic images from south-east of Cyprus to the Syrian coast / N. Vidal ... [et al.] Multi-channel seismic profiles across Eratosthenes Seamount and the Florence Rise reflecting the incipient collision between Africa and Eurasia near the island of Cyprus, eastern Mediterranean / A. Kopf ... [et al.] The deep structure of Eratosthenes Seamount from seismic refraction data / S.M. Zverev and D.A. Ilinsky. Peculiarities of sediments and basement structure in the frontal zone of the Cyprus arc (based on seismic refraction data) / S.M. Zverev. Gravity field of the northeastern part of the Mediterranean Sea (to the south and west of Cyprus) / V.A. Toulin. Digital terrain model (DTM) of Cyprus : the island, its continental shelf, and the surrounding sea / J.K. Hall. Bathymetry of the Syria-Lebanon continental margin / J.K. Hall. Explanatory notes to the IBM-SED map series unconsolidated sediments of the Meditearranean Sea (scale 1:1,000,000) and the Black Sea (scale 1:2,000,000) / E.M. Emelyanov, K.M. Shimkus and P.N. Kuprin -- pt. 4. Israel. Stratigraphy / F. Hirsch ... [et al.] Introduction to the stratigraphy of Israel / F. Hirsch. The Paleozoic in Israel and environs / T. Weissbrod. The Permian fusulinids of Israel / O. Orlova and F. Hirsch. The Triassic of Israel / C. Benjamini, F. Hirsch and Y. Eshet. The Jurassic of Israel / F. Hirsch. The Cretaceous of Israel / A. Rosenfeld and F. Hirsch. The Paleocene-Eocene of Israel / A. Rosenfeld and F. Hirsch. The Oligocene-Pliocene of Israel / F. Hirsch. The late Pliocene to Quaternary / F. Hirsch. Strike-slip faulting west of the Dead Sea Escarpment / A. Gilat. Bouguer gravity map of the Levant - a new compilation / M. Rybakov and A. Al-Zoubi. Depth to crystalline basement in the Middle East with emphasis on Israel and Jordan / M. Rybakov and A. Segev. Magmatic rocks / A. Segev. Whole mantle convection as the cause of the spiraling global system of lithospheric geosutures : with special attention to the central plate (between the Pelusium line and the Lut vortex) / D. Neev and J.K. Hall -- Appendices. Regional bibliographies on CDROM : geology, geophysics, oceanology, and related subjects / J.K. Hall. The NES Academik Nikolaj Strakhov and its eastern Mediterranean multi-beam swath sounding data on CDROM / J.K. Hall. Top Judea Group-digital structural map of Israel / L. Fleischer and R. Gafsou. Geological map inventory for some Middle East countries (Israel, Jordan, Syria, and Lebanon) / R. Calvo and J.K. Hall. Merged geological map sets for Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, and Israel / R. Calvo and J.K. Hall. The RAS marine gravity data from the Levantine Basin / V.A. Toulin and J.K. Hall. Shaded relief images of the IBCM bathymetry and geological-geophysical overlays / J.K. Hall.
- 9657297028 (v. 1) and 9657297036 (v. 2)
- At head of title of map portfolio: Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Geological & Environmental Sciences [and] Tel Aviv University, Department of Geophysics and Planetary Sciences., "April 2005.", and Order of editors' names varies: v. 2 edited by John K. Hall [and others].
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 3123325