Violent conflicts in Indonesia : analysis, representation, resolution / edited by Charles A. Coppel
- London ; New York : Routledge, 2006.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 322 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Coppel, Charles A., 1937-
- Routledge contemporary Southeast Asia series ; 7
- Violence and the state -- Violence : analysis, representation and resolution / Charles A. Coppel -- From Soepomo to Prabowo : law, violence and corruption in the Preman State / Tim Lindsey -- Regions of violence -- Recent violence in Java -- 'Eventing' the May 1998 affair : problematic representations of violence in contemporary Indonesia / Sai Siew Min -- Discursive violence on the Internet and the May 1998 riots / Elaine Tay -- The 'other' May riots : anti-Chinese violence in Solo, May 1998 / Jemma Purdey -- The killings of alleged sorcerers in South Malang : conspiracy, ninjas or 'community justice'? / Nicholas Herriman -- Violence in West Kalimantan and Ambon -- Passing the red bowl : creating community through violence in West Kalimantan, 1967--1997 / Nancy Lee Peluso -- The Maluku wars : 'communal contenders' in a failing state / Gerry Van Klinken -- Migration, provocateurs and communal conflict : the cases of Ambon and West Kalimantan / Anne Loveband and Ken Young -- Violence in Aceh, East Timor and West Papua -- Provoking violence, authenticating separatism : Aceh's humanitarian pause / Elizabeth Drexler -- Ceremonies of reconciliation as prelude to violence in Suai, East Timor / James J. Fox -- Violence and governance in West Papua / Richard Chauvel -- After the violence -- Representation -- The media as a control and as a spur for acts of violence / Stanley -- Writing the dark side : publishing about violence in Indonesia / Bimo Nugroho -- Re-education -- Educating to handle conflict and avoid violence / Samsu Rizal Panggabean -- The Indonesian commission on violence against women / Mély G. Tan -- Voices of the victims -- Tortured body, betrayed heart : state violence in an Indonesian novel by an ex-political prisoner of the '1965 affair' / Budiawan -- Violence, internal displacement and its impact on the women of Aceh / Suraiya Kamaruzzaman -- Political economy of violence and victims in Indonesia / Hilmar Farid.
- "Simultaneously published in the USA and Canada by Routledge."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -315) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3123615