Metal-based neurodegeneration : from molecular mechanisms to therapeutic strategies / Robert R. Crichton & Roberta J. Ward
- Crichton, Robert R.
- Chichester ; Hoboken, NJ : J. Wiley & Sons, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 227 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ward, Roberta J.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Metals in brain, metal transport, storage and homeostasis -- Oxidative stress and redox-active metal ions -- Parkinson's disease -- Alzheimer's disease -- Huntington's disease and polyglutamine expansion neurodegenerative diseases -- Friedreich's ataxia and diseases associated with expansion of non-coding triplets -- Creutzfeldt-Jakob and other prion diseases -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis -- Other neurological diseases -- Therapeutic strategies to combat the onset and progression of neurodegenerative diseases -- Animal models of the various neurodegenerative diseases -- Concluding remarks.
- 0470022558 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3125681