Walk the line [videorecording] / Fox 2000 Pictures presents a Tree/Line Film production and a Catfish Productions ; produced by James Keach, Cathy Konrad ; written by Gill Dennis & James Mangold ; directed by James Mangold
- Beverly Hills, CA : 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment, 
- Widescreen ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (approximately 135 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Phoenix, Joaquin
Witherspoon, Reese, 1976-
Patrick, Robert, 1958-
Fox 2000 Pictures
Catfish Productions (1997- )
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, Inc
- Language Note:
- Closed-captioned. Includes French and Spanish dubbed versions and subtitles in English and Spanish.
- Traces Johnny Cash's childhood, including his distant father to his early attempts at a music career. At this point in his life he marries his girlfriend Vivian. During a tour with singer/musicians Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis, he encounters singer June Carter, and his love for her, and her rejection of him through the years, spurs him into drugs, drinking, and depression. June is a sassy spitfire singer whose charm breaks hearts and eventually becomes a sympathetic friend who tries to help Johnny get over her. A true love story of two country music stars.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: PG-13; for some language, thematic material and depiction of drug dependency.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Phedon Papamichael ; art directors, John R. Jensen, Rob Simons ; editor, Michael McCusker ; music, T-Bone Burnett ; costume designer, Arianne Phillips ; production designer, David J. Bomba.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Ginnifer Goodwin, Robert Patrick.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, widescreen presentation (2.35:1); Dolby Digital 5.1 surround.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-MEDIA copy: Purchased with funds from the Hastings Libraries Endowment; 20056.
- Golden Globes, USA, 2006: Golden Globe - Best Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy; Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy (Joaquin Phoenix); Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture - Musical or Comedy (Reese Witherspoon).
View MARC record | catkey: 3143687