Critical theory and the human condition : founders and praxis / edited by Michael Peters, Colin Lankshear, and Mark Olssen
- New York : Peter Lang, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- viii, 288 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Peters, Michael (Michael A.), 1948-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Counterpoints ; vol. 168
- Critical theory, critical pedagogy and the possibility of counter-education / Ilan Gur-Zeʼev -- Down sudden vistas : Walter Benjamin and the waning of modernity / Robert A. Davis -- On having and being : the humanismof Erich Fromm / Colin Lankshear -- Marcuse and the quest for radical subjectivity / Douglas Kellner -- "What rough beast..." : on reading Arendt after the twin towers / James C. Conroy -- Marx, Wittgenstein, and the problem of consciousness / Grant Gillett -- Habermas's postmodernism / Robert Young -- Admitting "a perhaps" : Maxine Greene and the project of critical theory / Deborah P. Britzman and Don Dippo -- Pedagogy of the depressed : beyond the new politics of cynicism / Henry A. Giroux -- Knowledge, dialogue, and humanization : exploring Freire's philosophy / Peter Roberts -- Critical race theory in education : possibilities and problems / Laurence Parker -- Critical multiculturalism / Stephen May -- The grotesque body as a feminist aesthetic? / Erica McWilliam -- Critical theory and British cultural studes / Tom Steele -- Critical theory and the environment / Timothy W. Luke.
- 0820451681 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -275) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3146096