Appropriated pasts : indigenous peoples and the colonial culture of archaeology / Ian J. McNiven, Lynette Russell
- McNiven, Ian J.
- Lanham, MD : AltaMira Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 317 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Russell, Lynette
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Archaeology in society series
- Colonial culture of archaeology -- Progressivism : the invention of prehistory -- Antiquation : aboriginal peoples as living fossils -- Migrationism : the archaeology of dispossession -- Diffusionism : the archaeology of alienation -- Subjectation : appropriation through science -- Shared nations : the new appropriation? -- Partnerships : pathways to a decolonised practice.
- 0759109060 (cloth : alk. paper)
0759109079 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 261-294) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 3146099