News and sexuality : media portraits of diversity / edited by Laura Castañeda, Shannon B. Campbell
- Thousand Oaks, Calif. : Sage Publications, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 318 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Castañeda, Laura, 1963-
Campbell, Shannon B.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- "A tremendous sensation" : cross-dressing in the 19th-century San Francisco press / Clare Sears -- Life as a drag ball : gay men and lesbians in the media, 1920-1942 / Kevin Menken -- From invisibility to subversion : lesbian and gay representation in the U.S. news media during the 1950s / Marc J.W. de Jong -- The Oliver Sipple story : a case study in homophobia / Rodger Streitmatter -- "Publications of a dangerous tendency" / John Watson -- Framing the AIDS epidemic : from "homo" genous deviance to widespread panic / Jamel Santa Cruze Bell -- Transgender images in the media / Willow Arune -- The "moral" right vs. the "queer" left : claims-making by religious conservatives and gay activists at the 1992 Republican Convention and beyond / Thomas M. Conroy -- Small murders : rethinking news coverage of hate crimes against GLBT people / Kim Pearson -- Media coverage of the U.S. ban on gays in the military / Rhonda Gibson -- Same-sex marriage in cultural and historical context : a guide for beginning journalists / Sine Anahita -- Proving the case : psychology, subjectivity, and representations of gay and lesbian parents in the media / Damien W. Riggs -- From zero to 24-7 : images of sexual minorities on television / Rhonda Gibson.
- 1412909988 (cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 3147052