Mattioli's herbal : a short account of its illustrations, with a print from an original woodblock
- Bidwell, John, 1949-
- New York : Pierpont Morgan Library, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages, 4 unnumbered pages : illustrations ; 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Mattioli, Pietro Andrea, 1501-1577
Pierpont Morgan Library
Evergreen Press (Stroud, England)
- Signed: John Bidwell (p. 13).
One print in rear pocket.
"Exhibition at the Pierpont Morgan Library, New York, 12 February-4 May 2003"--T.p. verso.
"This edition of 350 copies set in 16-point Monotype Centaur and printed on Zerkall mould-made paper by John Randle at The Whittington Press, Whittington court, Gloucestershire, and John Grice at The Evergreen Press, Stroud, Gloucestershire. Each copy contains a print from the original woodblock of asarum from Mattioli's Herbal of 1562. Three hundred copies are half-bound in buckram, and 50 copies are half-bound in morocco, in a slipcase, with the print hand colored by Louisa Hare. Printed to mark the opening of the exhibition Picturing Natural History: Flora and Fauna in Drawings, Manuscripts, and Printed Books, at the Morgan Library, 12 February 2003"--Colophon.
Rare Books copy is no. 275, half-bound in buckram, in slipcase, with uncolored print in rear pocket.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page ).
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Mary Ann O'Brian Malkin Program Endowment for Rare Books and Manuscripts; 20067.
View MARC record | catkey: 3147152