Summer of love : psychedelic Art, social crisis and counterculture in the 1960s / edited by Christoph Grunenberg and Jonathan Harris
- Tate Liverpool critical forum ; v. 8
- Abstraction and empathy : psychedelic distortion and the meanings of the 1960s / Jonathan Harris -- Economy, society and culture in the 1960s Britain : contexts and conditions for psychedelic art / Stuart Laing -- The social and (counter-) cultural 1960s in the USA, transatlantically / George McKay -- Spontaneous underground : an introduction to London psychedelic scenes, 1965-68 / Andrew Wilson -- "The summer of love" in performance and Sgt. Pepper / Nannette Aldred -- Voices green and purple : psychedelic bad craziness and the revenge of the avant-garde / Stewart Home -- Laboratories of light : psychedelic light shows / Edwin Pouncey -- "I never stopped loving the light" : Joshua White and the Joshua Light Show / Edwin Pouncey -- From the "ocular harpsichord" to the "sonchromatoscope" : the idea of colour music and attempts to realize it / Barbara Kienscherf -- Clothing the cosmic counterculture : fashion and psychedelia / Cally Blackman -- The urban trip : New York's psychedelic moment / Carlo McCormick -- "My mind split open" : Andy Warhol's exploding plastic inevitable / Branden Joseph -- Psychedelic Liverpool? / Jon Murden -- Hyper-optical and kinetic stimulation, "happenings," and films in France / Matthieu Poirier -- Mapping San Francisco 1965-1967 : roots and florescence of the San Francisco counterculture / Walter Medeiros -- Psychedelicacies : psychedelia and its legacies / Glenn O'Brien -- A psychedelic bibliography / Christoph Grunenberg and Darren Pih.
- 0853239193 (cased) and 0853239290 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Class of 1968 Libraries Program Endowment; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 3149037