The Mitochondrion in the germline and early development / edited by Justin C. St. John
- Amsterdam : Elsevier, 2007.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (344 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- St. John, Justin C.
- Current topics in developmental biology ; v. 77
- Restrictions on Access:
- Restricted to licenced organisations with IP address and password.
- The role of the mitochondrion in sperm function: Is there a place for oxidative phosphorylation or is this a purely glycolytic process? / E. Ruiz-Pesini [and others] -- The role of mitochondrial function in the oocyte and embryo / R. Dumollard [and others] -- Mitochondrial DNA in the oocyte and the developing embryo / P. May-Panloup [and others] -- Mitochondrial DNA and the mammalian oocyte / E.A. Shoubridge [and others] -- Mitochondrial disease -- its impact, etiology, and pathology / R. McFarland [and others] -- Cybrid models of mtDNA disease and transmission, from cells to mice / I.A. Trounce [and others] -- The use of micromanipulation methods as a tool to prevention of transmission of mutated mitochondrial DNA / H. Fulka [and others] -- Difficulties and possible solutions in the genetic management of mtDNA disease in the preimplantation embryo / J. Poulton [and others] -- Impact of assisted reproductive technologies: A mitochondrial perspective of cytoplasmic transplantation / A.J. Harvey [and others] -- Nuclear transfer: Preservation of a nuclear genome at the expense of its associated mtDNA genome(s) / E.J. Bowles [and others].
- Current Topics in Developmental Biology provides a comprehensive survey of the major topics in the field of developmental biology. These volumes are valuable to researchers in animal and plant development, as well as to students and professionals who want an introduction to cellular and molecular mechanisms of development. The series has recently passed its 30-year mark, making it the longest-running forum for contemporary issues in developmental biology.* Includes many descriptive figures * Topics covered include the role of mitochondrial function, the use of ARTs to regulate mtDN.
- Type of File/Data:
- Electronic book available in PDF format.
- Other Forms:
- Online version of the print title.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
System requirements: Internet connectivity, World Wide Web browser, and Adobe Acrobat reader.
View MARC record | catkey: 31498339