Advances in infrared photodetectors / edited by Sarath D. Gunapala, David R. Rhiger, Chennupati Jagadish
- Amsterdam : Academic Press, 2011.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (x, 367 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Gunapala, S. D. (Sarath D.), Rhiger, David R., and Jagadish, C. (Chennupati)
- Semiconductors and semimetals, 0080-8784 ; v. 84
- Front Cover; Semiconductors and Semimetals; Copyright; Table of Contents; Preface; List of Contributors; Chapter 1. Type-II Superlattice Infrared Detectors; 1. Introduction; 2. Historical Perspective; 3. Basic Properties of Type-II Superlattices; 4. Superlattice Infrared Detectors; 5. Detector Fabrication and Characterization; 6. Conclusions and Outlook; Acknowledgments; References; Chapter 2. Quantum Well Infrared Photodetectors; 1. Introduction; 2. Comparison of Various Types of QWIPs; 3. Figures of Merit; 4. Light Coupling; 5. Imaging Focal Plane Arrays; 6. Concluding Remarks and Outlook, AcknowledgmentsReferences; Chapter 3. Quantum Dot Infrared Photodetectors; 1. Introduction; 2. Epitaxial Self Assembled Quantum Dots; 3. Design of Quantum Dot Infrared Detectors; 4. Review of Recent Progress in QDIP Technology; 5. Future Directions; 6. Summary; References; Chapter 4. Terahertz Semiconductor Quantum Well Photodetectors; 1. Introduction; 2. Principle of THz QWP; 3. Theory and Simulation of THz QWP; 4. Design and Characterization of THz QWP; 5. Application: THz Free Space Communication; 6. Summary; Acknowledgments; References, and Chapter 5. Homo- and Heterojunction Interfacial Workfunction Internal Photo-Emission Detectors from UV to IR1. Introduction; 2. Free Carrier-Based Infrared Detectors; 3. Inter-Valence Band Detectors; 4. Conclusion; 5. Nomenclature; Acknowledgments; References; Chapter 6. HgCdTe Long-Wave Infrared Detectors; 1. Introduction; 2. Material Properties; 3. Single Wavelength Ellipsometry for Surface Monitoring; 4. Current-Voltage Curve Analysis; 5. Published Resources of Broad Interest; References; Index; Contents of Volumes in this Series
- Semiconductors and Semimetals has distinguished itself through the careful selection of well-known authors, editors, and contributors. Originally widely known as the ""Willardson and Beer"" Series, it has succeeded in publishing numerous landmark volumes and chapters. The series publishes timely, highly relevant volumes intended for long-term impact and reflecting the truly interdisciplinary nature of the field. The volumes in Semiconductors and Semimetals have been and will continue to be of great interest to physicists, chemists, materials scientists, and device engineers in academia, sci.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31498381