- Advances in Chemical Engineering ; v. 36
- Front Cover; Advances in Chemical Engineering; Copyright Page; Table of Contents; Preface; Contributors; Chapter 1 Determination of Photoadsorption Capacity of Polychrystalline TiO2 Catalyst in Irradiated Slurry; 1. INTRODUCTION; 2. EXPERIMENTAL; 3. TiO2 SURFACE MODIFICATIONS UNDER IRRADIATION; 4. PHOTOADSORPTION DETERMINATION; 5. RESULTS; 6. DISCUSSION; 7. CONCLUSIONS; A1. ASYMPTOTIC CASES OF LANGMUIR PHOTOADSORPTION ISOTHERM; A2. TEMKIN ISOTHERM; LIST OF SYMBOLS; REFERENCES; Chapter 2 Treatment of Chromium, Mercury, Lead, Uranium, and Arsenic in Water by Heterogeneous Photocatalysis.
1. INTRODUCTION2. THERMODYNAMICAL CONSIDERATIONS AND MECHANISTIC PATHWAYS; 3. CHROMIUM; 4. MERCURY; 5. LEAD; 6. URANIUM; 7. ARSENIC; 8. CONCLUSIONS; ACKNOWLEDGMENT; REFERENCES; Chapter 3 Mineralization of Phenol in an Improved Photocatalytic Process Assisted with Ferric Ions: Reaction Network and Kinetic Modeling; 1. INTRODUCTION; 2. EXPERIMENTAL METHODS USED IN CREC; 3. Fe-ASSISTED PHOTOCATALYTIC MINERALIZATION OF PHENOL AND ITS INTERMEDIATES; 4. KINETIC MODELING: UNPROMOTED PC OXIDATION AND Fe-ASSISTED PC OXIDATION OF PHENOL; 5. CONCLUSIONS; RECOMMENDATIONS; LIST OF SYMBOLS; REFERENCES.
Chapter 4 Photocatalytic Water Splitting Under Visible Light: Concept and Catalysts Development1. INTRODUCTION; 2. PHOTOELECTROCHEMISTRY OF WATER SPLITTING; 3. PHOTOCATALYSTS FOR WATER SPLITTING UNDER VISIBLE LIGHT; 4. CONCLUDING REMARKS AND FUTURE DIRECTIONS; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; REFERENCES; Chapter 5 Photocatalytic Reactor Configurations for Water Purification: Experimentation and Modeling; 1. INTRODUCTION; 2. MACROKINETIC STUDIES; 3. MAJOR CHALLENGES IN THE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF LARGE-SCALE PHOTOCATALYTIC REACTORS FOR WATER PURIFICATION; 4. CONCLUSIONS; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; REFERENCES.
Chapter 6 Development and Modeling of Solar Photocatalytic Reactors1. INTRODUCTION; 2. SOLAR PHOTOCATALYTIC REACTORS; 3. RADIATION TRANSFER IN PHOTOCATALYTIC REACTORS; 4. THE P1 APPROXIMATION; 5. CONCLUSIONS AND PERSPECTIVES; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; LIST OF SYMBOLS; ABBREVIATIONS; REFERENCES; Chapter 7 Scaling-Up of Photoreactors: Applications to Advanced Oxidation Processes; 1. INTRODUCTION; 2. SCALING-UP OF A PHOTOCATALYTIC WALL REACTOR WITH RADIATION ABSORPTION AND REFLECTION; 3. SCALING-UP OF A HOMOGENEOUS PHOTOCHEMICAL REACTOR WITH RADIATION ABSORPTION.
4. SCALING-UP OF A HETEROGENEOUS PHOTOCATALYTIC REACTOR WITH RADIATION ABSORPTION AND SCATTERING5. CONCLUSIONS; ACKNOWLEDGMENTS; NOTATION; REFERENCES; Chapter 8 Photocatalytic Treatment of Air: From Basic Aspects to Reactors; 1. INTRODUCTION; 2. TYPES OF AIR-TREATMENT APPLICATIONS; 3. BASIC ASPECTS OF PHOTOCATALYSIS FOR AIR TREATMENT; 4. TYPES OF TARGET POLLUTANTS; 5. PHOTOCATALYTIC REACTORS FOR AIR TREATMENT: MODES OF OPERATION; 6. TYPES OF PHOTOCATALYTIC REACTORS FOR AIR TREATMENT; 7. CURRENT PROBLEMS AND FUTURE TRENDS; 8. CONCLUDING REMARKS; ACKNOWLEDGMENT; LIST OF SYMBOLS; ABBREVIATIONS.
- The cross-fertilization of physico-chemical and mathematical ideas has a long historical tradition. This volume of Advances in Chemical Engineering is almost completely dedicated to a conference on "Mathematics in Chemical Kinetics and Engineering (MaCKiE-2007), which was held in Houston in February 2007, bringing together about 40 mathematicians, chemists, and chemical engineers from 10 countries to discuss the application and development of mathematical tools in their respective fields.* Updates and informs the reader on the latest research findings using original reviews * Written by leadi.
- 9780080912011 (EPUB)
0123747635 (Trade Cloth)
- Bibliography Note:
View MARC record | catkey: 31498440