Principles of food sanitation [electronic resource] / Norman G. Marriott and Robert B. Gravani
- Marriott, Norman G.
- New York, N.Y. : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- 5th ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 413 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Gravani, Robert B.
- Food science texts series
- Machine generated contents note: Ch. 1 Sanitation and the food industry -- Ch. 2 The relationship of biosecurity to sanitation -- Ch. 3 The relationship of microorganisms to sanitation -- Ch. 4 The relationship of allergens to sanitation -- Ch. 5 Food contamination sources -- Ch. 6 Personal hygiene and sanitary food handling -- Ch. 7 The role of HACCP in sanitation -- Ch. 8 Quality assurance for sanitation -- Ch. 9 Cleaning compounds -- Ch. 10 Sanitizers -- Ch. 11 Sanitation equipment -- Ch. 12 Waste product handling -- Ch. 13 Pest control -- Ch. 14 Sanitary design and construction for food processing -- Ch. 15 Low-moisture food manufacturing and storage sanitation -- Ch. 16 Dairy processing plant sanitation -- Ch. 17 Meat and poultry plant sanitation -- Ch. 18 Seafood plant sanitation -- Ch. 19 Fruit and vegetable processing plant sanitation -- Ch. 20 Beverage plant sanitation -- Ch. 21 Foodservice sanitation.
- "Now in its 5th Edition, the highly acclaimed Principles of Food Sanitation provides sanitation information needed to ensure hygienic practices and safe food for food industry personnel as well as students. The highly acclaimed textbook and reference addresses the principles related to contamination, cleaning compounds, sanitizing and cleaning equipment. It also presents specific directions for applying these concepts to attain hygienic conditions in food processing or food preparation operations."--Jacket.
- 9780387250250 (alk. paper), 0387250255 (alk. paper), 9780387250854, 0387250859, 6611334769, and 9786611334765
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Charles W. Lubin Memorial Libraries Endowment; 20056.
View MARC record | catkey: 3149847