Nanoneuroprotection and nanoneurotoxicology / edited by Aruna Sharma, Hari Shanker Sharma
- Cambridge, MA, United States : Academic Press, 2019.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Sharma, H. S. (Hari Shanker) and Sharma, Aruna, MD
- Front Cover; Nanoneuroprotection and Nanoneurotoxicology; Copyright; Contributors; Contents; Preface; References; Acknowledgments; Chapter 1: Sleep deprivation exacerbates concussive head injury induced brain pathology: Neuroprotective effects of nano ... ; 1. Introduction; 1.1. Sleep deprivation and neurological diseases; 1.1.1. Sleep deprivation and cerebrovascular disease; 1.1.2. Alzheimer's disease; 1.1.3. Parkinson's disease; 1.1.4. Epilepsy; 1.1.5. Headache and related disorders; 1.2. Sleep disturbances and traumatic brain injuries and 3.2.1. Circulating BDNF in clinical traumatic brain injuries 4. Cerebrolysin and traumatic brain injuries; 4.1. Cerebrolysin and preclinical studies on TBI; 4.2. Cerebrolysin in clinical TBI; 5. Nanodelivery of drugs induce superior neuroprotection; 6. Our own investigations on SD and TBI; 6.1. Methodological consideration; 6.1.1. Methods to induce SD; 6.1.2. Concussive head injury; 6.2. Parameters measured; 6.2.1. Blood-brain barrier permeability; 6.2.2. Brain edema formation and volume swelling; 6.2.3. Brain pathology; 6.3. Biochemical measurements
- Nanoneuroprotection and Nanoneurotoxicology, Volume 245 of the Progress in Brain Research series, deals with recent developments in the field of neurotoxicity and neuroprotection using nanobiotechnology for the first time. Chapters in this updated release include Sleep deprivation induced brain pathology and concussive head trauma-Neuroprotective effects of nanowired delivery of drugs and hormones, Nanomedicine in Alzheimer's Disease: amyloid beta targeting strategy, How traumatic brain injury alters amino acids balance in the central nervous system-Neuroprotection by TiO2 nanowired delivery of drugs and antibodies, Nanowired delivery of DL-3-n-butylphthalide and neuroprotection in concussive head injury, Nanodelivery of drugs and antibodies for superior neuroprotection in Alzheimer's disease, and more. Key Features: Highlights recent development in nanopharmacetical research with reference to brain disease; Provides new insights on the possible role of nanomaterials and their pronounced effects on CNS injury or repair. Readership: Researchers and students of neuroscience, psychology, and the biological sciences interested in nanoneuroprotection and nanoneurotoxicology. --
- Neuroprotective agents
- Neuroprotective Agents—therapeutic use
- Neurotransmitter Agents—therapeutic use
- Drug Delivery Systems
- Nervous System Diseases
- HEALTH & FITNESS—Diseases—General
- MEDICAL—Clinical Medicine
- MEDICAL—Evidence-Based Medicine
- MEDICAL—Internal Medicine
- 9780444642097 (electronic book)
0444642099 (electronic book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 31498636