Death & the maiden / Film and television department Tel Aviv University and Deutsche Film und Fernsehakademie Berlin present ; director and producer, Yael Lotem
- Language Note:
- In English, Hebrew and German, with subtitles in English.
- Shortly after World War II, over 1000 paintings were found in a Cellar in southern France. The paintings were created by a young Jewish artist named Charlotte Salomon. She painted her turbulent life story in a unique creation named: "Life? Or Theater?" DEATH AND THE MAIDEN unravels the story behind her creation.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- video file
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 29, 2020).
Documentary film using gouaches by Charlotte Salomen, and photographs, from the Collection Jewish Historical Museum, Amsterdam.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Editor, Maya Klar; cinematography, Nicola Hens.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, Maya Klar ; voice actors, Rama Friedlander, Jonathan Miller, Amos Geva, Sari Alfi.
View MARC record | catkey: 31500717