Assessing the effects of development aid in post-conflict regions [electronic resource] : using survey and field research methods in the North East Afghanistan longitudinal study / Jan R. Bo?hnke & Jan Koehler & Christoph Zu??rcher
- Bo?hnke, Jan R.
- London : SAGE Publications, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Koehler, Jan and Zu?rcher, Christoph
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- In 2006, the authors started a project based on previous fieldwork in Afghanistan, as well as other Central Asian countries, to assess whether development aid in (post-)conflict regions has an effect on stability, that is, security, legitimacy of the state and its institutions and attitudes towards the intervention. In this case study, they describe four steps to design and implement impact evaluations: Focus/Relevancy, Theory of Change, Data and Strategy for Causal Inference. These steps are illustrated based on an ongoing mixed-methods research project in North East Afghanistan, using surveys as well as extensive qualitative field research methods to investigate the relationship between development aid and stability.
- 9781473948792 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 31507299