Community sampling [electronic resource] : sampling in an immigrant community / Sean D Cleary & Lauren Simmons & Idalina Cubilla & Elizabeth Andrade & Mark Edberg
- Cleary, Sean D.
- London : SAGE Publications, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Simmons, Lauren, Cubilla, Idalina, Andrade, Elizabeth, and Edberg, Mark Cameron, 1955-
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This case study describes the process used to obtain a representative sample in an immigrant community. A mixed-methods approach was utilized, including a geographic boundary study, abstraction of census data, and key informant and brief random interviews. This information was integrated to construct a sampling frame from which a two-stage, random cluster sampling procedure was implemented. This case study illustrates the challenges of selecting a representative sample in a dynamic community to elicit valid and reliable information about the impact of a multi-level intervention on residents.
- 9781473950504 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 31507499