Connecting self, school, and community in the girls' action teams [electronic resource] : an arts-based youth participatory action research project / Melissa DeJonckheere & Melissa Muchmore & Lisa Vaughn & Erin Wagner
- DeJonckheere, Melissa
- London : SAGE Publications, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations (black and white, and colour).
- Additional Creators:
- Muchmore, Melissa, Vaughn, Lisa, and Wagner, Erin
- SAGE research methods. Cases
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- This case documents a participatory arts-based research project that took place over the 2012-2013 school year at a US Midwestern, urban middle school. In this account, we, the adult research partners, describe the participatory research process from our partnership formation to project evaluation. The primary methodology employed was Videovoice, a participatory data generation tool through which collaborators create videos to address social problems. The project explored three research questions: (1) What social problems do middle-school girls identify as important, challenging, and in need of change? (2) What actions do the girls describe as necessary to improving these social problems? (3) What are the perceived impacts of participatory, collaborative research with the girls?
- 9781473951716 (ebook)
- Audience Notes:
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 31507584