From participant observation to relational ethnography [electronic resource] : a reflexive look through a systemic lens / Sharon Walker
- Walker, Sharon
- London : SAGE Publications Ltd, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- SAGE Research Methods. Cases. Part 2
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- As head of Drug Policy and Programmes for HM Prison Service, England and Wales in 2003, I was aware of the need to rehabilitate women prisoners who had mis-used drugs prior to custody. Consequently, I conducted a study to identify the evidence for an effective therapeutic community for women in prison. The combination of methods used included participant observation, focus groups, and individual semi-structured interviews. This case seeks to address the issues that arose for me in my role as a researcher while engaged in the study. I provide a reflexive account of my experience through a systemic lens, exploring my immersion into the observed group and ethnography as a relational, embodied research method.
- 9781526404282 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 31508100